As promised in the previous post…
Makes: 8 servings
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 1 hour
- 250 gr very soft butter
- 300 gr ground almonds
- 200 gr caster sugar
- 250 gr dark chocolate
- 5 eggs
- Icing sugar for dusting
1. Heat the oven to 180°C and grease a large cake tin.
2. Now we need to smash the chocolate in chunks and to melt it at bain-marie
3. In a bowl whisk the butter and half the sugar together until creamy. Add the egg yolks (keep the egg whites aside) and stir until smooth.
4. Now it’s time for the chocolate: stir in the melted chocolate and mix until well combined.
5. Add the ground almonds and stir gently but constantly.
6. Beat the egg whites with the rest of the sugar until stiff. Add them to the mixture, delicately.
7. Pour the cake mix into the cake tin. Bake for one hour.
8. Remove the cake from the oven and set aside to cool. Remove from the tin and sprinkle with icing sugar.