As promised in the previous post…
Makes: 12 fingers
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
- 50 gr butter
- 140 gr plain flour
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 50 gr icing sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- a pinch of salt
- 12 almonds
1. Let’s start by pre-heating the oven to 180°C. Now we can start to prepare the fingers. First of all sift icing sugar and flour together into a bowl. Add the egg, the vanilla extract, baking powder and salt. Cut the butter into cubes and add it to the other ingredients. Using your fingers, mix the ingredients until there are no visible lumps of butter.
2. Turn the mixture out onto a lightly floured surface and knead a few times, just to form a smooth dough.
3. Roll the dough into 12 small balls of 25 gr each. Work each piece with the palms of hands, turning it into a stick with length of 10-12 cm. These are the witches’ fingers.
4. Create the knuckles of the fingers with a knife. Place an almond at the end of each finger; this is the nail.
5. Place the fingers on a baking tin covered by a sheet of baking parchment. The fingers should be 3 cm apart. Bake them for 20 minutes, until the top is golden. Remove the fingers from the oven and set them aside to cool. If some almonds have moved away, you can use apricot jam to stick them on again.
Enjoy your witches’ fingers!